Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Greasy Sunday - Los Punk Rods Clubhouse

I am trying to give Wesley some of the same unique childhood I had. I decided to take him down to the Punk Rods clubhouse in the West Bottoms this afternoon. Eric is working on his Model A and needed to take some measurements off of Grandpa John's Cadillac powered coupe. Joe Boos tagged along.

We had a great time, riding mini-bikes, checking out everyone's projects and racing the remote control truck in their parking lot. We even met one of the local ladies who seemed in need of some sort of business transaction. She just asked me for a cigarette. I was glad I didn't have to explain her presence to Wesley!

It was good to see Eric, Dave, Jeff and the ever entertaining Cos. They remind me of Grandpa John's colorful friends from the 1970s. Check out their blog if you want to see what they are up to year around. http://lospunkrods.blogspot.com/