Friday, January 22, 2010

Jesus Chrysler

My 2000 Grand Prix is getting a lot of miles on it (171,000 to be exact). I have been toying with the idea of getting a used Chrysler 300M. I have always liked the looks of those cars, and I think a lot of them have V8 engines. A good sedan works for hauling the family around.

I would like to find a grey one and have it custom painted like this Oldsmobile that my dad had in the 1960s.

I am thinking of naming the car Jesus Chrysler in honor of my Catholic upbringing. I brought this idea up to my dad the other night over dinner. He said it was dumb and told me that I should just leave my daily driver car alone. I had to laugh out loud. He is definitely getting older. This comment from the man who could never leave anything alone. Cars, bikes, wagons you name it and he was tinkering with it.

Here are some photos of his rides over the years. These are mainly late 60s early 1970s. By the way he brought me home from the hospital in 1971 in the hearse...So I have that going for me.